Sunday 17 November 2019

Christmas stitching

I know ... it's a bit early, but when you are as slow off the mark as I am, then things have to be thought out well in advance!  That's why I thought I'd better finish these two Christmas cross stitch patterns which I'd started ages ago and "forgotten" about.  Actually I don't really mean forgotten - I just started other pieces which seemed more interesting at the time!


"Christmas Blessing" by Cottage Garden Samplings.  Still got to fully finish them - think I'll turn them into little pillows.  At the rate I work, they should be ready for next Christmas!


"Ding Dong Merrily on High" by Little House Needleworks - I changed some of the colours to make it a bit brighter.   There's a story behind this pattern.  I won it in a giveaway by Angel of The Elegant Thread - check out her Etsy shop.  She makes lovely bags and needle minders.

Are you making anything crafty and special for Christmas?

Love, Liz

5 comments:

Sheila said...

It's never too early for Christmas Liz and I love your two pieces.
I only enjoy stitching Christmas pieces really. There are several waiting to be fully finished and I hope to get one done today.
Hugs-x-

Crimson Kettle said...

So Christmassy Liz, hopefully you don't have too much left to do. 🎄

Julie said...

They will make super little pillows.
I've knitted a couple of pairs of socks as gifts, but not stitched for quite a while, inclination lacking.

Polyester Princess said...

Both are lovely, Liz, but I especially love those snowflakes on the first one! xxx

Wild Oak Designs said...

I love your stitching! Great job.
I have been sewing....lots of sewing with two machines a singing....
I embroider with one and stitch with the other....embroider napkins, towels..etc...and stitching up bowl cozies that go into the microwave...
Nancy