Thursday 19 December 2019

It won't be long ... yeah!

Not actually talking about Christmas this time, but about the BeatlesIt won't be long was a song by them on the album (or LP as we called them) With the Beatles (1963).


I've had that song in my head all day, so decided to look out my old Beatles newspaper from about 1965 when they had toured the US for the first time.  Some great photographs in this.

Meeting Princess Margaret
The front and back pages are missing because I think there were probably posters of the band on them and of course I would have had them on my wall!!!!


Beatlemania - remember that?!  All the screaming and fainting!


Going to have to go and play some Beatles music now - just can't get that song out of my head.  If you want to hear it - click here.


Hope you've enjoyed this wee bit of nostalgia and perhaps it has brought back some great memories as it did for me.

Love, Liz

4 comments:

Sheila said...

I don't know why but I never really got into The Beatles.
My teenage years were more in the early 70's so favourites were T.Rex, Slade, Sweet etc.
Can't remember my mother playing The Beatles either but I can remember Jim Reeves, Slim Whitman and Herp Albert and His Tijuana Brass....lol.
Enjoy your trip down memory lane.
Hugs-x-

Polyester Princess said...

I was far too young for Beatlemania, but I definitely got into them much later. It must have been quite exciting to be part of it all. Thank you for sharing this! xxx

Sandi said...

My mom loved music, and the Beatles, and I grew up in the 60s and 70s loving it all. My records are all scratched now from use but thankfully mom's are pristine. Thanks for sharing!

Sandi said...

Couldn't get the song out of my head last night, lol!!!