Sunday 15 December 2019

Scrappy Santas

Do you remember paper scraps, or mottos as we called them here in Greenock?  Well, I found some Christmas scraps which I bought a few years ago intending to make them into ... well ... something crafty!



I love the vivid colours of these Santas.  These images are so nostalgic to me this is what Santa really looks like!


When I was a girl (yes, I can remember the "olden days") we used to keep scraps in books and swap them with friends.  You can read my previous blog post on scraps and see some I actually kept all these years here.  Or put the word scraps in the "Search this blog" section on the right column of this page.  Similar paper scraps are still made by Mamelok in England.  They have some marvellous Christmas nostalgic items - please go and check out their site.  It is wonderful!  (I'm not being paid to say that.)


Here are some other old world Santas - aren't they just beautiful?



Love the toys and bits and pieces they are carrying.


Ah well, not long now till Santa starts his travels.

Love, Liz

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh my word.....I used to have hundreds of these Victorian scraps....mostly Christmas which I used to decoupage onto boxes, plaques and trays.
I haven't seen any for years and didn't even know you could still get them.
Hugs-x-

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

These are so wonderful! Happy Christmas to you, Liz!

Polyester Princess said...

I'm loving these nostalgic Christmas scraps! There used to be a craft shop here in Antwerp that used to stock these. xxx

Vix said...

I used to be mad about these as a child. They're really cheap on eBay - I found some cat ones for a friend. xxx