Friday 3 April 2020

Look out your leg warmers!

We all need to try to keep moving these days - although the temptation for me is to sit and stitch, if I am honest.  However I looked out my old keep fit record ... yes, record, LP, vinyl, disc, whatever you want to call it!


Arlene Phillips Keep In Shape System - perm and leg warmers optional - very 80s!  How wonderful is that!  Arlene Phillips was later a judge on Strictly Come Dancing.


Actually I must have been a wee light thing then, because now, if I was to put on a record and start to dance about, it would be jumping all over the place!  The neighbours might have something to say too when the vibrations from my exertions started their ornaments moving off shelves.  Those were the days when I could do this right through, only stopping to change the record to the other side.


Just had a look at the playlist - ohh, missus!  That could be misconstrued, couldn't it?!



Love the workout gear, but especially the leg warmers!  Those and the perm were 80s essentials!  (And yes, I had both!!!!!)

Love, Liz




4 comments:

Crimson Kettle said...

I wouldn't have recognised her!

mamasmercantile said...

Yes I had the perm but I don't remember having the leg warmers. Take care.

Polyester Princess said...

Very 80s indeed. I did have a perm too - and what's worse, there is photographic evidence - but I don't remember ever having leg warmers! xxx

Julie said...

and yes I have the perm and the legwarmers.
I don't think I would have recognised who she was on the album cover