Thursday 27 May 2021

Spring House

I often have problems deciding how to display some of the little bits and pieces that I stitch.  But I found what I think is the perfect solution to make my little Spring House piece look pretty.

I found this little box frame in The Range in Greenock (click on link to see frame).  It already had a neutral fabric background and came with a little bag of pearl headed pins.

I just put a running stitch around the edge of my sewing, frayed the outside edge slightly and added four pretty little buttons to the corner.  Then all I had to do was pin the stitching to the frame background.  It is quite deep and has a hinge opening, so it is a useful frame for all sorts of pretties!

The pattern is free from Melissa at Pinker n' Punkin Quilting.  Check out Melissa's blog for some really pretty patterns lovely displays.  Thanks Melissa for the lovely pattern.  Don't you just love it when things come together easily!

Love, Liz

4 comments:

Kim said...

Your Spring House cross stitch looks so pretty sitting in the frame.

Polyester Princess said...

What a lovely idea to display your Spring House cross stitch in a box frame! I find these box frames very versatile. I've got a couple of them displaying pebbles and shells collected during my holidays! xxx

Donna G. said...

Very cute finish!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I just love your finish, Liz and the colors that you chose; it looks so feminine and delicate. And your finishing piece is perfect. Thank you so much for adding this little design to your decor. You stitch is as sweet as honey. Happy stitching. And thank you for the sweet shout out too. Hugs.