Friday 11 February 2022

As if I need a new hobby!

This is my first attempt at English paper piecing.  I really enjoyed stitching this together and I can see that it could quite easily be another stitching addiction!

I thought perhaps this would look nice on the front cover of my stitching planner.  Or perhaps just as a coaster!

I was tempted to try this craft when I came across a YouTube video by Emma Jones Vintage Sewing Box and she was making a some beautiful little bits and pieces from scraps of fabric.  I was really impressed by the finished results of paper piecing and decided to give it a go.  I followed her instructions.  She really explains everything very clearly and makes some beautiful projects.  Emma also has a website and blog - click the links to check them out.  I think you will enjoy what you see.  Emma has a Beginners Guide video to English paper piecing - click the link to see it.

I think I will be doing a lot more of this.  It was strange to be hand sewing without having to follow a pattern or count stitches - very relaxing, actually.

Hope you are looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

Love, Liz

3 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

Liz - What a delightful project to do with Granddaughters..Viewed the blog tutorial and how simple...Thank you for the suggestion and reference.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such lovely and sweet hexis, Liz. They would look so precious on a planner or as a little tea cup coaster. Thank you for providing links. I would love to try this in the future. Have a wonderful weekend. Happy stitching

Kim said...

Welcome to the land of stitching pretty hexies, they are addictive. Your little hexie is sweet. It is perfect for your planner, or the coaster as you say...but....hexie flower after sweet hexie flower make for a very pretty quilt. =)