Thursday 24 February 2022

Bonnie Scotland in cross stitch

Been in a fully finishing frenzy today!!!  About time too!  Had a drawer full of stitching waiting for something to be done with it.  Today was the day - well, for some of them.  I think I'm most proud of this one - Bonnie Scotland.

You can find out how I stitched it here.  Stitched in April 2020, it has been waiting quite a while to be fully finished.  


Turned it into a little pillow with a loop so that it can be hung up or placed in a bowl.  I think it looks like it is wearing a wee kilt!  The words are "land of my heart forever" from the song "Scotland the Brave".

The backing fabric is beautiful Scottish thistles on a black background.  More of my fully finished stitching tomorrow.

Love, Liz

4 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

Lovely - the thistle backing fabric is striking....

Polyester Princess said...

Gorgeous, Liz, and I'm swooning over that backing fabric! xxx

Christine M said...

Your little pillow is lovely Liz.

Catherine said...

Very nice