Wednesday 5 April 2023

Spring Greens

I fell in love with this cute tea caddy - the colours just spoke to me and I just had to have it.  It is just so spring-like!  Obviously I needed to stitch some spring cross stitch bits and pieces to go with it, so I immediately went to my go-to place for perfect cross stitch patterns - the lovely Melisa's blog - Pinker n'Punkin Quilting & Stitching.

I've stitched many of Melisa's free patterns before and knew I'd find something on her blog.  I love this house - Dorothy Mae's Spring House - find it here.  I changed the colours (hope you don't mind, Melisa) to match the spring colours on the tea tin.


I also found this Spring pattern with a cute bunny on Melisa's blog and again changed the colours to match my tin.  You can find it here.

I love how this little vignette has turned out.  Thank you Melisa for the lovely patterns.  I think I need to knit a tea cosy to match now!

(The tea tin is available in other beautiful colours and can be found on Amazon.)

Love, Liz

5 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Hello Liz, I really love the way you’ve finished Melisa’s patterns, You’ve used such pretty colours, very springlike!
🤗Barbara xx

Heritage Hall said...

O Liz, what an inspiring entry...your
color choices are so Spring-like and
soothing. Love your idea of using the
vintage china in such a delicious and creative way. Thank you for the ideas...

Polyester Princess said...

I'm loving the Spring vibes of both your tea caddy and cross stitch, Liz. Absolutely gorgeous, and how cute is that bunny! Happy Easter! xxx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Liz Happy Easter ,I love your new tin and your stitcheries are beautiful,you have a lovely blog ,thankyou for the inspiration 🤍🐰🤍

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh. Liz your stitches are so beautiful and I just love your colors and I know my Aunt Dot/ Dorothy would love your color choice too. Great find on the tin. Don't you just love finding treasures such as that? Thank you for stitching my humble designs and for the sweetest shout out. You made my day. Hugs