Friday 3 June 2016

Seahorses in the Workbasket

Strange title for a blog post, don't you think?  Well, I was having a browse through an old Workbasket magazine recently.  It is dated April 1977.


Inside was an advertisement for live seahorses!


There was this cute little unused pattern with a lovely little rag doll in it as well as some other patterns that could be sent away for.



There were a another couple of funny ads too.



Lots of patterns for knitting as well as sewing.


I'm sure it was a useful little magazine of its time.

Love, Liz

8 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

A great vintage pattern, loved the rag doll.

fabriquefantastique said...

Now there's a magazine I have never heard of

Lilly's Mom said...

I loved reading post today as my grandma and aunt both subscribed to this little magazine. Lucky for me, I now have those much loved issues and still use them for knitting and crochet patterns. My, how times have changed since the advent of the internet! I hope you a wonderful, fun filled weekend. Pat

Unknown said...

I see these all the time at antique stores. They are fun to look at, remember sea monkeys? :)

Frances said...

It's fun to come across a window into a distant, but not too distant, past. I do remember similar sea horse advertisements over here. Never actually ordered any, though.

Happy weekend to you, Liz. xo

Louvregirl said...

Love it!

Elaine said...

I remember seeing ads for live sea monkeys when I was a kid. We never bought any but I sure was interested.

Marjorie said...

The little rag doll is Raggedy Ann