Wednesday 3 June 2020

Auld Lang Syne - stitched

Another recent finish is this - Auld Lang Syne.  The pattern was a freebie from Beth Twist, Heartstring Samplery.  Check out her blog - there are lots of lovely patterns on it.


Of course as a Scot I was very interested in this one.  It reads - "We'll take a cup of kindness yet
For auld lang syne."


The song itself is usually sung at New Year and was written by Scots poet Robert Burns in 1788.  You can read the whole poem/song on the Robert Burns website.


The pattern had initials at the bottom, but I decided to put the poet's name there.  I added my initials and the date.  It was a bit of a jinx work - I don't know how many times I had to rip my stitches out and redo them!  It drove me mad, but I was determined to finish!  Now, once again there is the big decision about how to completely finish it!


Love, Liz

4 comments:

Polyester Princess said...

I imagine this one being close to your heart, Liz. What a great idea to add the poet's name and your initials, even if it was a bit of a struggle to get it right! xxx

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love this sweet stitchery!

Julie said...

The perfect finish, it's super.
It would make a lovely hanging (flat or pillow) to hang on your door for the first footer to see.

Billie said...

It looks great, love it!