Thursday 7 October 2021

Vintage Robert Burns

It has been a long time since I've been rummaging in charity shops but I found this little dish recently and it just had to come home with me.  It has a cute little picture of Scottish poet Robert Burns (1759-1796) on it.  It's by Crown Devon, Fieldings, Stoke on Trent, England.  Isn't it gorgeous!


It also has a quote from one of Burns' more famous poems To A Mouse - "The best laid schemes of mice and men gang aft agley" (go wrong).  So true!

I've put the little dish together with a little cross stitch pillow I stitched last year and a very old book of Burns' poems which belonged to my Granny.  (Find out more about the book here.)The colours just all go together beautifully.

This little dish was certainly worth waiting for!  

Don't forget that Shortbread & Ginger is on Instagram as Scottish Stitcher.

Love, Liz

2 comments:

Polyester Princess said...

Well worth waiting for indeed, Liz. What a wonderful find, and I love how you displayed it too! xxx

Crafty in the Med said...

Such a neat find and gorgeous cross-stitch cushion. Very appropriately displayed :-) keep well Amanda x