Sunday 7 October 2012

Driving Back In Time

Some friends and I had a great time at the Riverside Transport Museum in Glasgow yesterday.  We were shown around by a guide who was absolutely wonderful in telling us all about the museum and the exhibits.  He had an amazing knowledge about  - well, everything!  It really enhanced our visit.

 
 
My favourite part was the old street.  I remember when I was you going to the Castle Museum in York, seeing the Victorian street there, and asking my Mum and Dad if I could just stay - I've been fascinated by places like that ever since!
 

I had fun enhancing some of these photos.

 
This may look like a display of toy cars, but they are full size!

 
If you are ever in Glasgow, you really should visit the Riverside Museum!

 
Love, Liz

8 comments:

Mum said...

Those cars had me fooled. I still can't believe they're full size. How have they managed to display them like that?
Love from Mum
xx

blackenpot said...

It is certainly very interesting going to such places. I have been to one nearby my home town. I can remember a lot of the items they show.

It's good looking back.

Enjoy your new week.

sky-blu-pink said...

I'd love to visit this museum, like you, I loved the York museum when I visited with my parents, at about age 15.

June said...

Those cars had me fooled too! I love places like this. There used to be one near us I'll have to see if it still exists!
June

Bijou Sugar-Socks said...

amazing! love everything old :) really they are all full size? wow!

ted and bunny said...

we visited the Thinktank Science Museum in Birmingham where they have a WW2 Spitfire plane hanging from the ceiling- it was amazing but it looked so small!

Thankyou for your kind comment, I love the picture plates too but they're hopeless to display a cake on cos it completely covers the lovely pattern.

Your new header is great. I'm determined to learn to crochet by Christmas, I have the wool stored for all sorts of projects.

Have a great week- raining here, a bit dull outside but full of sunshine inside!
x

Rachael said...

Love transport museums like this - Hull has one similar.

Anna @ Miss Beatrix said...

Looks great fun! The Castle Museum is one of my favourites, too. x