Monday 25 April 2016

Patterns from the 50s

These vintage knitting patterns are two I inherited from my Mum.  She was always knitting.


So cute!  They probably date back to the 50s or early 60s.



I love the little knitted sailor's collar on this sweater.


This pattern has obviously been well used.  My brother or myself must have had one of these knitted jumpers.  I didn't have a shop-bought jumper till I went to secondary school!


Wish I had the patience to knit these!  Tea cosies are about all I can manage.

Love, Liz

10 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

So sweet, particularly the last one.

Marjorie said...

Your tea cosies are lovely. I adore old Patons patterns. My mother bought the Stitchcraft magazine in the sixties and they had fabulous patterns.

mamasmercantile said...

They certainly are great patterns and still would look good today.

Frances said...

Liz, it is a pleasure to see these vintage knitting patterns. I was born in 1945, so the styles pictured do seem from my era. My great auntie knit many garments for my brothers and myself, and also taught me to knit when I was a young teenager.

I am so happy to have lots of her knitting needles, and to be able to use them. Particularly the double points!

xo

The Vintage Knitter said...

Lovely patterns and the knitwear would look just as cute on today's youngsters :-)

Lynne said...

Loved seeing these older knit patterns . . .
The children are so sweet . . .
Made me remember my mom and her knitting basket . . .

Amy at love made my home said...

Aren't these patterns wonderful, they could still look good today though!

Tweed Thoughts said...

Lovely to see these patterns Liz - I've been looking at vintage knitting patterns a lot recently - they have so much charm :)

Julie said...

I've got your first one and a few more that were inherited from my late mother-in-law.

PNLima said...

I love these old magazines, full of great ideas!
A crossstitcher from Portugal