Friday 30 April 2021

Seaside House

 Just finished this lovely wee cross stitch house.  Really enjoyed stitching it.

Its from The Shores of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings.  Because I was stitching it on its own and not as part of a bigger project, I decided to brighten up some of the colours.  I also did a little bit of alterations on the house windows - just made them a stitch bigger.  I had previously stitched the lovely ship from the same pattern.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out.

Also finished reading Lamentation by C J Sansom.  It's part of the Shardlake Series.  Didn't enjoy it as much as Heartstone, but it was a good read.

Can treat myself to a new cross stitch start this weekend.  Hope you've had some finishes and some good reads recently.

Love, Liz

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the house, very nice colours. It’s nice with the sea and sailing boat. Very pretty.

Olde Dame Holly said...

I have been so tired after work that I have done NOTHING on the "colonial coves" series I am creating. I miss cross stitch but I have to have rested eyes or I can't stitch. Your work is lovely!

Polyester Princess said...

I love the colours you used for the house and aren't those little sailing boats cute? I seem to read a lot slower lately and it's simply taking ages to finish a book. Possibly because I often read in bed and fall asleep after half a page! xxx