Wednesday 2 June 2021

Vintage Sampler

I found this gorgeous sampler at the weekend and it just had to come home with me.

It is dated 1902 and was stitched by Maggie Fraser.  

It is a beautiful sampler and I think it is Scottish because of the bright red and green which are colours traditionally used in Scottish samplers.  It has other fancy stitching as well as cross stitch.  It also has some pretty motifs.

I have no idea whether it is an original from 1902 or a well distressed modern piece, but whatever it is, I love it!  (Will probably change the frame at some point.)

One of my better vintage finds for a while!

Love, Liz

3 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh wow, Liz what a great find and I am in love with the cheerful colors particularly the reds. I am so glad that this sampler has found a perfect home. Have a great rest of the week.

Polyester Princess said...

What a wonderful find, Liz! It is absolutely enchanting! xxx

Donna G. said...

Beautiful sampler. What a great find.