Thursday 1 July 2021

Local History

I've not been doing much sewing recently - my other hobby has been taking up a lot of my time!  I love researching local history - like many of you out there.  I'm fascinated with the history of this area of Inverclyde in Scotland and have another blog where I publish some of the stories of the buildings and people I'm interested in - The Greenockian.  I've just recently opened a YouTube Channel - Greenockian - where I plan to publish some short presentations about my research.  I hope you might pop over and have a look.

My latest presentation is about the Galt Family of Greenock.  John Galt, the author and founder of the city of Guelph in Canada was educated here in Greenock.  He returned here in ill health and lived with his sister Agnes for a while before his death in 1839.  He is buried in Invekip Street Cemetery in Greenock.  You can view the presentation here.

I hope everyone is enjoying the start of summer.  Take care - Love, Liz

1 comment:

Polyester Princess said...

I'll certainly pop over for a look, Liz. Thank you for sharing! xxx