Wednesday 10 July 2019

Be You Just You

I've another finished cross stitch to show you today - Be You Just You by Nathalie Cichon for Jardin Prive.  It is unlike anything else I've stitched and I love it! 


Took me ages to decide what fabric to surround it, but I felt that this floral fabric just made it "pop".


Found a cute little button to add to it.


It was my local needlework shop's first birthday yesterday!  Happy Birthday to Hearts & Stitches in Greenock.  It is a lovely shop run by Sandra - you can see her all dressed up for the occasion in the picture below.  It's always a pleasure to shop there, there's a happy, friendly welcome when you visit.  You can buy stitching kits, thread, yarn, ribbon, buttons - all sorts of lovely things.


So if you are ever in Greenock - pop in and say hello.  Our high streets need more great shops like this!

Love, Liz

8 comments:

Mary said...

What a fun and cheerful stitch!! It is darling and the colors pop even more with the sweet fabric you chose. YOu are so fortunate to have a Stitch shop in your village, I hope the store continues to thrive. Mary

mamasmercantile said...

Looks like a fun place to shop, every town should have one.

Sheila said...

That is absolutely beautiful. I have seen the Jardin Prive charts and not thought they were quite my kind of thing but seeing it stitched up and finished so beautifully....I may just have changed my mind.

I wish we had an independent stitching shop around here. We used to have a wonderful one in the big town until the lady retired so it's either one of three Hobbycraft stores (boring) or a couple of garden centres (very expensive). I tend to shop online quite a bit but for someone who likes to actually see what she is buying it's not ideal.
Hugs-x-

Crimson Kettle said...

You are so speedy! So pretty. Our village high street is full of nail bars, hairdressers and charity shops so I'd definitely welcome a shop like yours.

butterfly said...

What a great stitch it looks wonderful.

Polyester Princess said...

I love, love, love that cross stitch, and how fortunate you are to have such a great needlework shop in your high street. I'm guessing you are a regular customer ;-) xxx

Julie said...

A lovely welcoming smile the lady in your shop has, a pleasure to visit and chat with her I bet.
Such a sweet finish, so prettily finished off too with the floral backing.

RJ said...

I love your newest stitch Liz. I'm so happy you are lucky enough to have such a nice needlework shop in your lovely town. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever