Sunday 27 November 2011

Lovely Books

Slim pickings at the charity shops this week.  The only things I bought were these two Beatrix Potter books. 


They are not particularly old, but I think the illustrations are delightful.  My children loved these stories when they were little.


The books are a bit messy, so I think I might do something with the pictures, not sure what  - cards perhaps.


Don't know whether its the time of year or what, but overheard two unhappy customers in two different charity shops.  One where a couple wanted to put a deposit on a table and collect it first thing the next day (this was about 4.30 on a Friday)!  The girl tried to explain that she couldn't do that, but if they came the next day there would be a good chance it would probably still be there as it had been in the shop for three weeks.  The couple just couldn't understand and tried and tried to get the girl to take a deposit.  I felt so sorry for the shop girl.


In the second, a woman was trying to return a jumper which she had bought for her son, but there was some mix up with her receipt - it was for bric a brac, not clothing, and the girl behind the counter was trying to explain this and that she couldn't really do anything about it.  Well, the woman started ranting in an extremely loud voice that she'd been a regular customer for years and this was the first time she had ever brought anything back and how she'd never darken their door again, etc ... and the cost of the jumper - £1!!!!!!!!


Hope you have all had better thrifting luck this week.  Joining Flea Market Finds to see what treasures have been found!


Love, Liz

8 comments:

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I remember reading those books over and over when I was a kid! The illustrations are gorgeous.

Jem said...

Beatrix Potters are such a lovely find. I loved growing up with these beautiful books - I hope my Mum kept mine!

Jem xXx

Sylvia said...

Hello Liz,
I do love Beatrix Potter, her illustrations are so lovely !
Bought some books on a trip to England years ago.
Nice Sunday,
Sylvia

Protector of Vintage said...

Lovely books!!

claire said...

I used to have some Beatrix Potter figures when I was little and i dont know what i did with them. Gutted.

Pippin Lane said...

We still love Beatrix in this house, her stories are timeless. Infact I wanted to you the name Beatrix for a girls name....
Happy Monday to you.
Nattie xxx

Paulette said...

Love the illustrations in these books,

Catherine said...

I love these books and have most of them myself and dvds...