Tuesday 8 January 2019

Little lady finished at last!

I was tempted to look back at my blog to find out when I started this wee project.  It must have been early last year or even 2017!  I just finished it this morning.


There was hardly anything left to do, just going around the outside with dark thread.  But it is finished now.


This lovely little lady is from Cross Country Stitching magazine (Volume 6, number 3, summer 1994).


Cross Country Stitching was my favourite cross stitch magazine and I used to get sent from the United States.  I completed lots of the (smaller) projects from the magazines.


But now I'm ready to start my latest cross stitch which I blogged about yesterday.

Love, Liz

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

It looks lovely, a great finish.

Crimson Kettle said...

I've enjoyed your last few posts with that lovely China and look forward to seeing your cross stitch now you've finished this beautiful one. I find my eyes are not as good as they were to do these now but have loved making them in the past.

Polyester Princess said...

Love the little lady, can't wait to see the one based on that China dish! xxx

Jo said...

How cute she is. I'm not so keen on the finishing off of cross stitch projects with the back stitch, I much prefer working on the main body of the project.

Linda P said...

Well done for finishing the little lady in cross stitch! I like the way you've outlined it in a dark thread to make it stand out. Wishing you a happy new year and happy stitching in 2019.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Oh, she is cute! I use to do a lot of cross stitch when I was younger. My favorite is a stitched a pair of chickens! They to do this day are my favorites!