Tuesday 15 January 2019

So much stuff!

There is going to be a big change at Shortbread House next week - we're getting a new kitchen!  The little bunnies who live in the Welsh dresser and saying goodbye to their old home - they don't look very happy!


We've had our kitchen for about 20 years and, as much as I love it, it is getting a bit shabby and tired.
The workmen are starting on Monday, so I've been emptying cupboards and drawers to get ready.  This has really been helped by putting on an Amazon Music playlist - 70s Hits to Make You Happy!  I've been bopping around the house and clearing out hasn't been such a chore!


What a load of "stuff" I've collected over the years!  I don't mean my vintage china - that is "treasure" and has been carefully packed in boxes to keep it safe.  I'm taking about all the other bits and pieces that seem to be essential at the time.  My cutlery drawer, apart from the usual well ... cutlery, was full of ... rubbish!  Old blunt bread knives and strange utensils some of which I can't even imagine what they were for!

Glasses - how many do two people need?  Two dozen wine glasses - crazy!  They take up so much space too!


Not going to have as much cupboard space in new kitchen so really need to weed out the rubbish.  So there are now bags and boxes all over!  Stuff for charity shop, stuff for tip and stuff for recycling!  
Having a wee rest and a cuppa now before I get on with more clearing out!

Love, Liz

6 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

How exciting! A new kitchen! I know it will be wonderful! Can't wait to see what you do! The bunnies look like they are having a party to me!

Polyester Princess said...

A new kitchen, how exciting, but quite an upheaval at the same time! And there I was remarking just last week how lovely your kitchen looked ;-) I do hope the little bunnies will get a new abode in your new kitchen! xxx

Kezzie said...

Ooh, do share pictures when it is finished! It looks very nice anyway to me but if you've lived with it for a while, then it must be nice to have a change!

Julie said...

I'll look forward to hearing the bunnys adventures whilst they are moving house.....

Unknown said...

Love that your bopping around the shortbread house:) Exciting times & i love the lego photos. Look forward to seeing your great design skills let loose on the new kitchen xx

Linda P said...

I hope everything is going well with the arrangements for the new kitchen. It takes a lot of pre-planning, but will give you much pleasure when it's done.