Tuesday 9 April 2013

Lady Luck Gives and Takes!

Here's the second part of the weekend haul.  I love these little Balfour green and gold trios.  There were only two of them, but they fit in well with some other green and gold sets that I have.

 
 
Then there was this Grosvenor set.  Six cups and plates but only two saucers, but I'm sure I'll have some other spare saucers that will look good with the cups.  The bonus with this set is that there was a milk jug and sugar bowl to match.

 
Thank you very much for all your good wishes for my new enterprise.  I've got lots to think about - setting up a website, getting business cards etc - so much to do - so little brain!

 
For those of you who think I'm lucky, here's a wee story about what happened to me today which will even the score a bit.  My very front tooth veneer came out at weekend.  Breathed a sigh of relief as it was in one piece, so I put it somewhere very safe until I could get an appointment to have it put back.  Appointment was this morning.  Just as I was about to leave the house I carefully wrapped it in a tissue and put it in my coat pocket.  I had a ten minute walk to the dentist, went in, placed tissue on her tray and hey presto ... dah, dah, dah ... no veneer!  Emptied pocket, and handbag - no sign of it.  Searched waiting room floor - nothing.  Checked reception area - not a sign.  Got home and checked everywhere - nada!  So I'm now going to have to pay for a new veneer - I just had a crown fitted last week and I've an appointment with the hygienist tomorrow!!!!  I've got a splitting headache, I'm so annoyed at myself, how could I have been so careless!  So, the moral of this story is - lady luck giveth, BUT  she also taketh away!!!!!

 

Love, Liz

13 comments:

sky-blu-pink said...

So lovely, the gold trimmed ones, and I love that they have different designs. So sorry to hear about your dental crisis - I don't like the dentist much at the best of times.

Irene said...

Such beautiful and stunning china Liz. Oh dear me, what a sad tale. Im so excited for you!
luv
irene
xxxx

Marjorie said...

Sorry about the veneer on your tooth. It happens to us all.
Lovely china finds.

September Violets said...

Such pretty, pretty teacups!! I love the idea of hiring tea cups out. I recently went to a funeral in the little village where I grew up, and the ladies of the church put on a luncheon and served tea in old fashioned tea cups. It was just such a lovely touch to a special remembrance. The first thing I would be doing is finding some good packaging to transport the tea cups so they won't get broken. Too bad about the tooth :( Hope your week turns around for the better! Wendy

Plain Jane said...

Oh Liz so sorry to hear about your veneer - how frustrating - maybe there's a very naughty little tooth fairy about? Your china haul is gorgeous and yes I think the business enterprise sounds great. Hope the headache has eased a bit x Jane

Jo said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the tooth. On the plus side, the balfour green trios are absolutely gorgeous. I love their gold patterns.

The Vintage Knitter said...

Good luck with the tea set hiring, hopefully it'll be a surefire winner for you, especially with all that lovely china you've been collecting.Sorry to hear about the veneer fiasco; hopefully some wonderful new finds will come your way to offset this!

Rustic Vintage Country said...

What a 'pain in the rear' and expensive pain too! x

Patricia said...

So so pretty, I just love vintage china. Just catching up with reading posts and missed your last. Just read it. What an excellent idea for a hire business. Good luck.
Patricia x

Mum said...

Poor you.

Good luck with your new business.
Love from Mum
xx

vintage grey said...

Such beautiful new treasures!! So sorry about your tooth! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

Nostalgic Vicky said...

Just found your blog - lovely read! xx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

Oh no! Teeth are soooooo expensive! Love the mint gold and green together, very 18th century