Wednesday 16 February 2022

Packed and ready to go!

Well, I've got one little tiny suitcase packed and ready to go!


I got this gorgeous little suitcase as part of a set of three of differing sizes.  I thought the smallest one would be great for storing my English paper piecing things in.  However the inside looked a bit bland.  So I decided to make it a bit more inviting.


First I drew around the outline of the case and made a paper template.  I cut two pieces of white card to fit the inside of the lid and the bottom of the case.  I covered these with batting and then put some pretty pink gingham around them.  On the lid lining I added a useful little pocket.

So now I have all my paper piecing things in one little case which I can just pull out when I want it.  I also made a little pincushion especially for this box.


I can now just lift this little case and carry it with me whenever I want to do some sewing without having to hunt around for all the things I need.  Love it!


Love, Liz


4 comments:

pat chester said...

love that. I am starting to do some hexagons as well and might think about doing something similar.

Polyester Princess said...

How cute, and very clever too! I've got a sewing basket for my essentials so that I've got everything to hand if I need to do a quick sewing job! xxx

Kim said...

Liz, how pretty your three little suitcases look neatly stored away on the shelf. LOVE the lining you made from the pretty gingham; so sweet. Now you have all your EPP pieces in one easy place to take with you wherever you wish. Such a clever idea.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

How lovely, Liz. I love little boxes and suitcases like this. Such a sweet way to store pieces. Thank you so much for sharing how to line and add a pocket. I will have to try that in one of mine. Happy stitching.